Monday, March 28, 2011
Labor and delivery!
Casey has been trying to get me to start a blog for a while. I am not one who i would say loves to write and blog. I do however like to go and read friends blogs and look at all the pictures. As most of you know we just recently had our first baby named Boston. Now he can give me somthing to blog about. I was thinking this morning and really wanted to keep a blog for not only myself but for Boston to be able to remember him growing up so it will be my own personal journal. I tend to forget things unless i write it down and of course your first labor story and his first week is definetly something you dont want to forget. I think we all think we will remember all the greatest moments in our life and think No Way could i ever forget that! Well the truth is we usually do unless its written down. So to start of my first blog post i will give my labor and delivery story :) I went to my last doctors appointment on that thursday March 4th i was dialated to a 3 and 90 % thinned. My whole pregnancy had gone so well and never had any complications. I kinda felt like he was going to be coming any day he had dropped down alot that last visit so knew the time would be soon. The doctor said to wait till sunday to see if i had him naturally and if not she will have me scheduled to come in that sunday morning for an induction.I was pretty exited knowing he would be here no later than sunday. Baby Boston didn't end up coming over the next few days so at 7:30 the hospital called and said if i could be there by 8:30 or sooner. I had just woken up and gettting out of the bath so i was all relaxed. The night before i was getting really nervous and scared. My family that lived around here including my mom went out to dinner that night to olive garden.. you know when your to nervous to eat..well that was me. That night i really didn't sleep much so i was up early waiting on the hospital to call to tell me when to come. For me personally i loved bein induced..just being able to have everything ready to take a bath,eat,and get ready and dressed and just go in. I didn't like the idea of not knowing when he was coming and being all anxious and then waking up at 2 a.m and in labor rushing around to get everything together..feeling stressed.Guess i dont like suprises :) Casey my mom and me got dressed and headed to the hospital at around 8. On sundays there at the hospital is one of there least busy days and it felt like it it was pretty empty and had all the nurses i wanted ;) I was suprised at how big our room was the whole wall was windows and bright and open. At about 9:30 the potocin started so then began the wait time..i was very calm and i had my Casey, Mom, Aunt sandra, Brant, Joey, Kevin, Dalen there waiting with me. Sandra was giving me a foot massage while watching Shrek everyone was talking and laughing. I couldn't really feel any hard contractions till about 2..Yep thats when i could definetly feel them. I told my mom "alright this was fun ..now im ready to go home". I was getting pretty nervous since i was at that point only dialated to 4 . I was told that my doctor was coming in the next 20 minutes cause she was checking on 2 other girls having babies that day. When she came she decided to break my water..weird feeling..but didn't hurt. During the first few hours i was like huh..these contractions dont really hurt maybe i can do this..hahaha . After she broke my water is when the pain set in. Ouch! Handled that for the next few hours I then got my epidural.. Wow! i was in heaven..after a few more contractions the pain stopped. For the next few hours everyone was in the room talking and laughing i didnt even notice when my contractions were off the chart..the Doctor came to check on my i was dialated to a 7 then like 30 minutes later a 10! The nurse told me they were going to wait for the next hour to start pushing to give him time to just come down . I was at a 10 and still felt good had all my energy ready for the pushing. We called Abby (our friend that is also an amazing photographer, that wanted to take our pics for a class on a birth story) . The nurses came back in and it was go time! 1...2....3....4 pushes and in 10 minutes he was out! At 5:20 Boston Cooper Woolley was here! 7lbs 2 oz. 19 inches long and beautiful! The Next moments are hard to explain just how sureal and amazing it was. Here i was right when he came out handed this little tiny life ..Resting on my chest and an instand bond was made. I had been givin the sweetest blessing i could ever be given my child. He lay there sucking his tiny hand wide awake staring into our eyes. An overwhelming feeling of emotion and amazment came over me in those moments. To be a mom to this sweet little spirit. Our Photographer Abby was right there to capture every moment. When i go back and look through those pictures she took (like a hundred times for real ).. it really is amazing howit really brings me back everytime to that sunday afternoon when he was born..and cry and cry haha . So glad i had here there to photograph his first special moments! The next 2 days we were in the hospital. We didn't have much sleep but not because boston wasent sleeping but i just wanted to stay up with his every chance i could. From the very start he was already such a good baby. Seldom heard him cry just a very patient boy from the start. Its now week 2 of his life and it really has gone by fast..for me too fast . On Sunday his week birthday i was a little sad a week has already past . But i know i can't stop him from growing ever since i got the hang of breestfeeding which wasent for the first 3 days he has been growing ever since . I think he might be up almost a pound now. But atleast i know he is healthy and growing. My mom was here the whole first week of being born and what a blessing that was! She was so helpful. Changed diapers ,feed,burped, woke up every night feeding to help out and even stayed up with him everynight so i could get more sleep. I dont know if i would have ben able to not feel so overwhelmed without her help. It was such a nice visit and really sad she had to leave yesterday but never will forget all the moments. Boston loves his grandma! His birth was actually the first birth she has ever seen and that is with 11 children and 27 grandchildren..so i think it was really special for her :) Well Today makes a week and a half . He is seriously the sweetest ,snuggly ,most patient boy when it comes to anything. He loves sleep and enjoyes his meal time. He loves to be held and snuggled we catch him smiling all the time so one happy baby he is. I think he will have his daddys personality and be sweet and laidback and patient. Casey loves playtime with him. we try to keep him up a little each time after feedings during the day and he can barley keep his eyes open but casey keeps moving him around..poor thing. He slept the last 2 nights for 6 hours at a time so hopefully he will be able to sleep more through the night sooner than later. We are so so blessed and love having our sweet Boston eachday and watching him grow and change. I love being his mommy and casey loves being a daddy. Casey is such a good daddy already and can't wait to see there father and son realationship grow Cant wait for the Happy bright future we have together now as a small family :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks so much for sharing this! I'm so glad to know baby Boston's story. I can't wait to meet him! Not that you need it (you seem to have taken to mommy/daddyhood like a fish to water), but good luck the next few weeks! Love you guys, Venessa
ReplyDelete